HEAD OF COFFEE | RETAIL (M/D/W)
Our baristas are coming from all across the globe and they join our teams to work with some of the best coffees on the planet.
They all have a strong hospitality background and know what it means to receive great service - and to produce amazing coffees quickly so our customers can enjoy them without long waits.
Our Head of Coffee is more than a Head Barista. Working alongside our café staff to thrive for excellent workflow and highest drink qualities, you are also in charge of our off-bar trainings and staff development. You are a role model for others, your style is cool, challenging and you are pushing up coffee quality as well as customer experience.
We are looking for a person that enjoys managing people. You have worked in a head barista role before in a coffee company with multiple sites.
- Experience working as Head Barista in fast paced Specialty Coffee Company with multiple sites.
- Role model in work ethic, accuracy, speed and cleanliness.
- Leadership skills. Enjoys managing people, motivating them to perform at excellent level to reflect the values of THE BARN.
- Drink quality is as important to you as presentation and customer service.
- Conducting staff trainings, evaluations and feedback to bring each individual staff member to a higher level in Specialty Coffee.
- Clean, fast, organized and understands the value of great shop appearance.
- Great workflow, multi-taskable and can produce quality drinks at peak times.
- Self-motivated, reliable and on time.
- Wants to progress, learn and share knowledge.
- Fluent in English. Speaking German is a plus.
- International team of coffee professionals.
- The best customers in Berlin and beyond.
- Professional equipment. Training-Facility next to our Roastery.
- Ten of the best coffee bars in Berlin. All individually designed at high level.
- Handsdown: The best coffee in town.
Free coffee drinks when at work :-)
Full Time. Flexibility and Overtime is expected.
Workdays: 5 days, seven days per week (rotating schedule)
Holidays: as per law, after probation time (6 months)
Payment: Depending on experience.
Term: 1 year. Extension possible.
Please note that you do need an EU passport and working permit for Germany. Unfortunately we cannot sponsor any Visas.