THE BARN POTSDAMER PLATZ
Weinhaus Huth, built in 1912, is a symbol for the division of Berlin: It was the only standing building at Potsdamer Platz. The Huth restaurant was the meeting place for society and wine-lovers during the Heydays of the 1920ies, when Potsdamer Platz was Berlins equivalent to the Time Square.
The interior design of our café reflects the strength of the building. The bar is made from raw flame-finished granite. A free-floating oak bench is a feature along the curved wall. Classic Eames’ chairs were chosen for additional seating. Our five-part lighting installation is by Flos. The outside space offers additional seating under the old trees. Take in the great atmosphere, tucked away on this quiet road right next to busy Potsdamer Platz!
Our café has an alcohol licence which is a great reference to the former days of Weinhaus Huth. We offer special coffee-based cocktails, a selection of natural wines and local craft beer. Behind the bar you will find a La Marzocco PB-X espresso machine, Mythos 2 and EK43 grinders, Nitro Taps, and a slick Marco Brew Bar for our hand brews.
From our own kitchen, there is a great selection of homemade sandwiches, cakes and fresh juices, as well as teas. Light lunch options, with vegan variations, are available. The retail shelves are always stocked with freshly roasted beans and our favourite brew equipment.